Based on Robert Jordan's series, The Wheel of Time, and operated with the author's approval, EotW is full of adventure, danger, magic, and conflict. Wander a seemingly peaceful town, or brave the shadows of an area under the influence of the Dark; the world is spread before your feet to experience as you choose. People from all over the world form communities, in the form of clans (orders), nobility, and various thematic groups such as Aes Sedai and Dragonsworn.
With over 25,000 rooms, ten professions, several races, and an ever-expanding feature base, Eye of the World is run in a professional and friendly manner. We welcome and value new players, and strive to be one of the best MUDs available. Other features of interest include:
- Nobility of each kingdom run by the players themselves!
- A functioning economy, including an auction
- Regional law system controllable by the local nobles
- Limited playerkilling, including an arena (with betting!)
- Twenty-five levels of experience
- Roleplay encouraged, but not required
The Eye of the World MUD is run on the MudOS LPC driver with a heavily customized TMI-2 1.4 mudlib. From a code perspective it is completely unrecognizable as TMI-2, but it still has that TMI-2 'look' to it as a player. You'll find the commands very familiar.